Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We Are Not Strong Enough


Tonight at RCIA, as we always do at the end of the meeting, we made a large circle, held hands and offered prayer intentions before praying the Our Father together. Some nights there may be only one prayer intention, some nights there are none. Tonight there were quite a few and the more that were prayed for the heavier my heart became. There were prayers for a family who just lost their 23 year old son to cancer, prayers for a friend who just lost her husband at 51 years of age, prayers for two young children whose father is dying, prayers for a man who suffered a stroke. So much. Too much. I'm also praying for a woman I know who is fighting the battle with cancer and for a family who is in distress. So much. Too much.

On my way home I was listening to K-LOVE and the perfect song came on. Of course it did. God always speaks to me through music. The song is "Strong Enough" by Matthew West and is so very perfect. I've posted the music video here and I hope you will listen to it and be as moved by the words as I was.

I firmly believe that God does not give you more than He knows you can handle. Sometimes I think He pushes it pretty close to the edge, but He always knows where to stop. He wants you to call to Him. As the lyrics say:

Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us


1 comment: