Monday, May 23, 2011

The Shiba Inu Puppies

If you have been following my blog you know that I have been following a litter of Shiba Inu puppies. The breeder, whoever he is, is fantastic! He has the best - that I've seen - live webcam and he is so, so very attentive to the puppies. If I were going to spend a lot of money on a puppy (which I have a feeling these puppies fall into that category) I would feel very comfortable buying a puppy from him. My co-worker and I call him "Hans" (for hands) because at the beginning all you would see were these hands reach down and pick each puppy up. As they have grown we now see the feet of "Hans" so now he is sometimes Mr. Feet and other times Hans. You can tell when he is coming because they all jump up and run over to the gate.

Anyway, to catch you up, the first time I saw these puppies they were 1 week old. I instantly fell in love with Charlotte. What is interesting is that ALL the puppies are named a Chinese name EXCEPT for Charlotte. I have looked at all the postings to try to learn how Charlotte was named but have found nothing. So here are the names:

Chozen - aka Zen (Independent)
Chame (Playful)
Chisaki - aka Saki (A Thousand Blooms)
Chiyoko - aka Yo Yo (Child of 1000 Generation)
Chikara (Powerful)
and
Charlotte

However, before I knew the names or any other information, I chose Charlotte as my favorite simply because the way she moved her head reminded me of one of my favorite song artists, Stevie Wonder. If she would have sunglasses on . . . . well, anyway. It has been so much fun watching them grow and I feel as if Charlotte is MY puppy. They are now going on six weeks old and I know that very soon they will be going home to their new families. It will be a very melancholy experience for me. I know that soon they will be leaving, but I'm so glad that I was able to see them grow and know that they were well taken care of.

If you have not checked them out yet, you still have time!!!! The link is:

http://www.ustream.tv/sfshiba









No comments:

Post a Comment