Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Strength of a Tornado

We've probably all seen some pictures of the wreckage left behind from the tornado in Joplin, MO. The trees, if they are still standing, have been stripped bear of their newly blooming leaves. Buildings have been leveled to the ground. People's belongings scattered about for miles. But when I saw this picture it reminded me of the absolute strength a tornado brings with it.

This car, although you can't REALLY tell that it was ever really a car, is wrapped around a little tree. It would not have been so mind boggling for me if it was a big tree, I've seen pictures of that before. The tree, as small as it is, should have been ripped from the ground long before a car was thrown around it. This must just happen so fast. Amazing.

Please keep all the people of Joplin as well as the people in other communities affected by the recent tornadoes in your thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what it must be like to loose the security you had in your home.

2 comments:

  1. Brad Banaka is claiming this photo as his own on facebook. just letting you know

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150291990638118&set=p.10150291990638118&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost never comment, but i did a few searching and wound up here "The Strength of a Tornado".
    And I actually do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to mind.

    Could it be only me or does it give the impression like some of these comments
    look as if they are left by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are writing on additional online sites, I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you make a list of the complete urls of your social pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    my blog post; instant cash advance loan

    ReplyDelete