Friday, April 22, 2011

LOL Tip #1 for Living Healthy on a Healthy Planet

I started reading an article, Living Healthy on a Healthy Planet for Earth Day, which gave a list of things we can all do to help save our planet. Don't get me wrong, I agree that we all need to change our habits so that we don't lose total control of our planet. Some of the tips in the article are very good. However, many of them had me laughing out loud (LOL!!!) I will share all the LOL tips with you. Here's one of them.

I'm all for the environment, but as much laundry as I do, I don't think I will be participating in this "save the earth" type of activity anytime soon! He looks like he's happy though so more power to him!!!

Hook Your Bike to a Blender or Washing Machine

If you're somewhat handy and don't mind scrounging around for parts, it's pretty easy to connect an old bicycle to a generator that can power anything from a small appliance to a washing machine to a laptop. The book The Human-Powered Home (New Society Publishers, 2008) tells you how. You can get lots done without burning fossil fuels, plus you get in a little exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment