Monday, June 20, 2011

Where has the time gone ?????????

I just realized that I have not posted a new entry since last Wednesday!!!!!!! Where has the time gone? I'll tell you. I had a card party (making cards not playing cards) on Saturday morning, a Father's Day gathering Saturday evening, and a Cursillo picnic Sunday afternoon. So, I spent Thursday evening getting the house in some kind of presentable shape.

Then on Friday I picked Leah up from daycare and we went grocery shopping for food for the card party, Father's Day party and the Cursillo picnic. While at the grocery store I had a reality check moment. I am no longer used to having an almost 2 year old with me while grocery shopping. Leah is so much the perfect child, but when a child is in a grocery store there is only so much control you can have. She really really wanted to HELP me shop. What can a Grandma do but to encourage her helpful nature?!?!?!? It took us twice as long as it should have!!!!! But she is just so cute!!!

By the time I got home I was hot (it was so HOT here Friday) and tired. But I started baking and finishing up last minute cleaning chores.

 Things happened - like burnt cookies and other disasters - and I did not end up getting to bed until 12:30. I started questioning whether I was really meant to host this gathering. As is usual, I wait until the last minute to make sure that everything is pulled together. Add to that my inherited genes from my maternal grandmother that everything has to be perfect and you may just have a recipe for disaster. And yes, that came true. But in reality, I think God was trying to tell me that all the fluff that I was so worried about was of no concern. I was being a Martha in a Mary world.


Then is was up bright and early on Saturday because people were arriving by 9:30. The card party was so much fun. I learned a lot of new techniques and I made a really cute card. The picture is of just part of the card in which I used an embossing technique. Sounds impressive, huh???


 I then had time for a quick nap before heading to my brother and sister-in-law's house for a family gathering for Fathers Day. We had so much fun. They have the perfect set-up for outside gatherings. Lots for the kids to do and the adults had so much fun watching the kids playing. Great time! Thanks Wendy and Joel!!! Here is a picture, not from the Father's Day gathering however, of Leah and Ashley. Leah loves Ashley.

Then on Sunday, after 9:30 Mass, we came home and I prepared the next round of food for the Cursillo picnic.  (For more information on Cursillo see http://www.cursillo.org/indy/) That morning when we got up the weather looked like it might get ugly. The sky was dark and the forecast did not give encouraging news. I thought that there was no way the God would let it rain on a Cursillo picnic. We started the picnic with Mass outside. It was absolutely beautiful. Bob mentioned that it would be great if we could attend Mass outside all the time - except maybe winter. Mass was followed by A LOT of food. You know how church gatherings are. There is enough food for everyone to spend the night and eat the next day! Bob scoped out the desserts and found the most delicious concoction. I meant to find out who brought it but forgot. So, whoever brought the yummy cherry looking thing with pineapple and some kind of crust - YUMMY!!!! It was so nice to spend an afternoon with the Cursillo community. What a great, great bunch of God's people. If you have not attended a Cursillo weekend, you are MISSING out on something great. I attended my weekend some years ago and have since been twice on the team that puts the weekend on. It is such a great way to get to know others and become more grounded in your faith.

So, that is why I have not blogged for awhile. There is much I have wanted to post, so now there will be multiple posts in one day.

1 comment:

  1. Its ok we all get busy, its been a while since i've had time to read it. Wish I could of been there for father's day. Hopefully we can up over the fourth!

    ReplyDelete