Friday, June 10, 2011

Don't worry...God will help you!

 While driving home from work today, a Friday after a very long week, I was encourged by what I heard on my favorite radio station, KLOVE!!!!!!  Not surprising - I always hear inspiring things on KLOVE. Whether God is speaking to me through "the perfect song" or something someone says.

The devotional "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young is so encouraging!
The reading for today is based on Isaiah 41:10; Zephaniah 3:17 and Psalm 34:19 and says:

 "Your mind leaps from problem to problem to problem, tangling your thoughts in anxious knots...Though I yearn to help, I will not violate your freedom. I stand silently in the background of your mind...When you turn from your problems to My Presence, your load is immediately lighter...Together we can handle whatever this day brings."

Isaiah 41:10 -  Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice.
 
 Zephaniah 3:17 - The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a mighty savior; He will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, He will sing joyfully because of you.

Psalm 34:18-20 - When the just cry out, the LORD hears and rescues them from all distress. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed. Many are the troubles of the just, but the LORD delivers from them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment