Tuesday, March 15, 2011

40 Days For Life - Day 7

Another life saved:


Baby's Name: Elexis Hazel Bullard
Baby's DOB: 9-6-97
Baby's Weight: 8 lbs.4 oz.

I was a teen model and when I got pregnant they told me it was the end of my short career. I was only a senior in high school and very confused. I was so pressured not to "give up my life just for one mistake." The fact that I was sick as a dying dog didn't help too much, but I knew that I just couldn't kill the life inside me. I made a sacrifice for my daughter and not a day goes by that I am thankful for the decision I made.


Intention:

Pray that the abortionists and all workers in
abortion facilities would be troubled in their
souls regarding their work and would seek truth.

Scripture:

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor,
and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all
malice. And be kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake
has forgiven you.

-- Ephesians 4:31-32

Relfection:

We see the evil and oppression in the world, the
arrogance of those who mock God, the millions of
innocent lives destroyed because of the greed of a
few.

Our flesh tells us that we should take justice in our
own hands, but instead of vengeance, the Lord calls us
to love our enemy, to forgive others as we have been
forgiven.

God loves the abortionist and the Planned Parenthood
advocate just as much as He loves you.

It breaks His heart to see them in bondage to sin and
He is giving you this opportunity to introduce them to
the Savior who sets the captive free.

Though you may not experience direct interaction with
these souls, your presence will not go unnoticed. Your
non-verbal communications speak volumes about the God
you serve.

Forgiveness is an act of obedience to God (Colossians
3:13). Forgiveness is not condoning or overlooking the
wrong behavior of others, but rather it is freeing
ourselves so that God can work mightily through us to
touch their hearts for Him.

Let's join our hearts with His in recognizing that
those in the abortion industry are not the enemy, but
rather they are blinded by the enemy.

God desires that we bring them the message of truth
and hope found in Christ, but the messengers He will
use are those willing to forgive.

Prayer:

Dearest God, You tell us in Proverbs that the foolish
and the wicked lack wisdom and understanding. I pray
you will trouble the souls of those in the abortion
industry so that they hunger for truth and cry out for
freedom.

I pray that my life would reflect my redemption so
others may see it and trust in You. In obedience to
You, and by your grace, I choose to forgive others as
you have forgiven me. In the name of Christ my
Redeemer I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment