Thursday, March 17, 2011

40 Days for Life - Day 9

Tonight I will attend the vigil from 6:00-7:00 outside Planned Parenthood. Our weather today is very nice - it's 67 degrees right now - so I don't think I'll have to have my coat halfway over my head!

I really like the intention and reading for today. I know there are women who have had abortions who, either did know know there were other options, or just simply made the wrong choice. The scripture reading will hopefully bring some relief from guilt for them.


Here's another life saved from abortion:



Her story:

Name: Alannah
DOB: 4/5/1995
Weight: 7lbs 11oz

I was 17 years old when I became pregnant with Alannah. I was raised pro-life and agreed whole heartedly. I was supported by my mother & family. However friends had other opinions. It wasn't a decision to have my child....It was already going to happen . I entered into to my senior year, took extra classes to ensure I would graduate and had a home tutor for my recovery time after I had my child. I endured many comments from a single male teacher at my school who taught my humanities class. He did not agree with my putting the whole school through my pregnancy, or my being allowed to graduate since I had to miss more than the allotted absences due to my baby. But through it all I graduated with my two month old daughter there to share the experience with me. I never planned to have a child so young, but when I look at her now, she is such a gift. She's a vibrant, advanced, thriving 5 year old, whom I couldn't imagine ever living without. As for my friends, I no longer speak to the ones who didn't support me. My best friend who was pregnant at the same time as me, and terminated her pregnancy, has never forgiven herself and lives in regret, especially when she sees my daughter.

************************************************************************

Intention:

Pray that the post-abortive woman would be repentant, accept forgiveness, be healed and restored, and bring glory to God with her new life.

Scripture:

I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

-- Psalm 32:5

Reflection:

Because abortion is legal in America, many have justified their choice. "If it's legal, it can't be wrong, right?" We now have an entire generation of men and women who have never known abortion to be illegal; a generation of people who have never been broken over their sin of abortion.

As a result, the consequences of unconfessed sin weigh on their souls, yet they have never connected the dots as to why their hearts are heavy. No wonder we have millions of women who are struggling with depression, addictions, eating disorders and more.

Post abortion syndrome is very real but recovery begins when the individual agrees with God as David confessed in Psalm 51:3-4, 14, "Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight - that You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when you Judge. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation."

Brokenness is the key to accessing God's glorious mercy and healing. Christ came to heal the broken hearted and He is waiting with open arms to take the post-abortive woman on a glorious journey of healing and restoration if she will only run to Him.

God will not waste any sin we lay at His feet. Imagine millions of healed and restored post-abortive women like myself singing aloud of His righteousness and giving testimony of His love and forgiveness. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, you are our Healer. You have forgiven all my iniquities and removed my transgressions from me as far as the east is from the west. Guilt no longer has dominion in my life. Lord, we pray that post-abortive women across this nation will run to You to receive the gift of redemption and healing that comes from You only. In the name of our Savior we pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment