Monday, March 14, 2011

40 Days For Life - Day 6

I've finally caught up!!!!!

Another life saved . . . . . .

Zuleika Monica Baldeo
June 27th 1996, 8 lbs. 3 oz.
21 inches long

In my own testimony seven years ago, I was in an automobile accident and in the hospital. I found out that I was pregnant about 12 weeks (3 months and baby was fine). My boyfriend at the time now my husband was not ready for a child (I had two boys already from previous marriage). [He] Persuaded me to have an abortion. No matter how much I tried to not do it even with his mother trying to talk him out of it, he insisted and I went ahead and did it. I will never forget that experience ever in my life. I promised myself and God that I would never again do something that cruel in my life. Time went by, things happened between us. He went away to his country and came back and within a month I became pregnant.

This time it was different. I had my pin which I was wearing for about 2 years. When he tried to pursued me this time I refused. It did not matter to me what he was saying or threatening to do. All I know was that I had something so precious inside that only God could have put there. When I had my first abortion (the last) I did not know what a baby looked like at 10 wk. or 3 mos. inside the womb. When I became pregnant with this child which is my number 4 baby I had full knowledge of it and I could not come to myself to do something like this, especially for the same person! We struggled with it throughout the whole pregnancy and I refused until the end. This baby won. When won my heart my soul my everything.

************************************************************************


Intention:

That those tempted to abort may understand that their child is already present, and already a real person.

Scripture:

And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

-- Luke 1:41-44

Reflection:

Jesus not only loves unborn children -- He was one himself!

Think about this for a moment.

We often hear people speak of a pregnant mother by saying, "She's expecting a child." Now if one is expecting a package, the package is not yet there. As reflected in our verse for today, however, this is not the case with the mother. Her gift is already there. The pregnant woman, a mother already, does not have a child "on the way," but has a child, already present and in full possession of his or her human rights, starting with the right to life.

Prayer:

Jesus, open my eyes to your presence in the life of every child. Open my heart to joy in the birth of every child, a birth that reflects the joy of your own birth in Bethlehem. As you shared life in the womb of Mary, so now send your protection upon every child still in the womb, and grant to their mothers the strength and joy that comes from welcoming the gift of life. We pray through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment