Thursday, September 29, 2011

40 Days for Life


The 40 Days for Life Fall Campaign started yesterday, September 28, and will continue through November 6. Reports are that as of day 2, 11 babies have been saved. I remember my first day of the Spring Campaign, standing outside Planned Parenthood, same night of the week, same time - 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. It was so so so bitterly cold. I had earmuffs on and a scarf pulled up around my face. All that could be seen were my eyes. There were many more days like that but through the whole campaign, each week that I stood outside Planned Parenthood and prayed, I felt blessed.  I have no doubt, none whatsoever, that I will again be blessed during these 40 days.

It started out as a BEAUTIFUL day here in Lafayette. I even got to sit outside on my lunch hour, soaking up the sun in my beach chair with a good book. Then about 4:00 it started clouding up. I looked at the weather report and it was calling for severe weather - potential strong winds that could knock out power. "Really God?" I asked. "Are you really going to send me out in a tornado on my first night of prayer? Ok, I'll take my umbrella and brace myself for whatever you send". Well, it did start raining, but about 10 minutes before I was to arrive at 6:00 p.m., the rain stopped and the sun came out. I did not see a rainbow, but I still saw God's promise.
 
 
There were only three of us there tonight but it's not the number of people it's the prayers that are said during that time. I have an hour long version of the Divine Mercy Chaplet on my iphone so I played that. We had one young man come out of Planned Parenthood stop and ask us if we were Pro-life protesters. I said that we are Pro-life but not protesting. Just praying. He said

"You know, praying is the only thing you can do and still not do anything."

and he got in his car and tore out of there. My heart ached for him. Not only because he thought our presence there was of no good, but more because he did not believe in prayer and probably not in God. I prayed extra hard that God would show Himself to this young man. Then we had a couple of teen boys walk by and say nasty things and spit. Oh well - that's the evil of the world. But I say, if you look at this map which represents the current 40 Days for Life participating sites, you will see that MANY prayers are being said. Hopefully all these prayers will help that young man and those two young teens.


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." -- 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment